If this is true, then it's likely to be a combination of me having less work on in the day job - thus being able to concentrate on making the site as good as I possibly can - and really, really, really enjoying doing it. I've honestly missed Digi so much, and it feels like this new version has finally clicked into place. A massive thank you to everyone who has supported it this past year, when I was, in all honesty, struggling to fit it in.
It's a genuine privilege to be able to do something that people seem to love, and to have people take the time to express that - and I'll never take it for granted in the way I might once have done.
I know we stress this regularly, but Digi2000 hitting its stride is why your donations and support are so important. If you don't wish to become one of our sponsors, we now have very affordable t-shirts for sale (they're going fast - £12 plus P&P, and every order gets a free Mr T sticker while stocks last). If we can shift the current order stock, and turn a profit, we'll be doing further designs (plus other merch) in time for Christmas.
Importantly, it'll help this site keep going. Currently, almost everything we're making is being ploughed back into operating costs (setting up the shop and ordering the shirts alone cost around a grand, plus we buy all our own review copies - and currently, I don't have any other ongoing income). One day, I hope, we won't have to come to you for hand-outs.
If you can't afford to contribute, or object to doing so - which, as I always say, in completely fine - what's just as important is your help in spreading the word, sharing articles on Twitter, Facebook... wherever thou doth frequent. And it'd be great if you could subscribe to our YouTube Channel and share stuff from that too - it's starting to find its feet now, I think. It can only get better still.
Far be it to parp my own harp, but the list of features and videos below is just from the last fortnight, and pretty impressive. If you don't think such content is worth anything - be it your time or kind donations (PayPal or Patreon both warmly received) - then, well, it seems a bit strange that you'd be reading this far. Simon...?
Look now - just bloody look at this lot... Frankly, it's ridiculous:
- 12 LUCKY KIDS WHO COULDN'T BE HAPPIER ABOUT THEIR MARIO FACE PAINTING
- 15 MORE LUCKY KIDS WHO ARE SO VERY EXCITED ABOUT THEIR FACE PAINTING
- WHAT'S UP WITH GARGOYLES?
- ONE YEAR ON: GAMERGATE EXPLAINED
- MEGA-QUIZ 5 BILLION - Presented by a G... G... GHOST!
- 21 TERRIFYING CLOWNS THAT MUST NEVER BE SEEN
- 10 KIDS HAVING THE TIME OF THEIR LIVES AT DISNEYLAND
- 10 PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER PLAYED DARK SOULS
- REVIEW: SUPER MARIO MAKER (Wii U)
- 22 BIZARRE EXAMPLES OF MEDIEVAL TOILET HUMOUR
- WHAT'S NEW IN DESTINY: THE TAKEN KING?
- 10 BRILLIANTLY WRONG BOOTLEG DVD COVERS
- THE APP TREE: THE LATEST SMARTPHONE APPS AND GAMES With Chip Shop Man
- THE MAN'S DADDY: HILARIOUS JEREMY CORBYN JOKES
- THE MAN'S DADDY: TOPICAL DAVID CAMERON JOKES
- 10 FACTUAL INACCURACIES IN THE BBC'S GTA DRAMA
- 10 VIDEO GAME QUOTES WRONGLY ATTRIBUTED TO JEREMY CORBYN
- 15 STUFFED MONKEYS YOU'LL WISH YOU HADN'T SEEN
- 15 SHOCKING VICTORIAN FREAK SHOW POSTERS
- SMILE! WE IMAGINE HOW THE GAME DESIGNERS BRUSH THEIR TEETH
- HERE IS THE NEWS: IT IS BORING by Mr Biffo
- MASTER CHIEF: A SPARTAN PERSONALITY by Mr Biffo
- A DAY IN THE LIFE: SUPER MARIO
- MISSION: STEALTH - With Solid Snake
- 10 MIND-BLOWING THINGS YOU'VE NEVER SEEN IN A VIDEO GAME, PROBABLY
- 15 BIZARRE ITEMS OF CELEBRITY MEMORABILIA
- GUEST POST: A VISIT TO... THE TIMEWARP ARCADE