I'm here to tell you that Digitiser2000 is going to be operating a vaguely reduced service next week - there will be slightly fewer updates than normal (mind you, there'll still be more than we'd committed to our Patreon page - that's how good they are to you). The site will be back on the 24th of August, recharged and ready to roll with the usual full complement of updates.
In the meantime, here's everything that has been on the site over the last week or two. Brrm brrrrrrrrrrrrrrm. Brrr.
- FACE RECOGNITION SOFTWARE vs GAME CHARACTERS Which celebrity does Lara Croft look like?
- REVIEW: ANGRY BIRDS 2 (iOS/Android) The bad birds go freemium.
- REVIEW: LIFE IS STRANGE - Eps 1-4 (Various) It really is.
- REVIEW: RARE REPLAY (Xbox One) Old games: here.
- REVIEW: SECRET CINEMA - THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK A galaxy far, far way... in London.
- REVIEW: JXD S7800B RETRO GAMING TABLET More old games: here.
- Q&A: TRACK AND FIELD CHAMP HECTOR "FLY" RODRIGUEZ He's a record breaker!
- TOP 10 HEDGEHOGS WITH ATTITUDE They so sassy!
- IF VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS WERE SPOONS - PART 2 The sequel to our popular feature.
- THE APP TREE: THE BEST NEW APPS FOR YOUR PHONE With Chip Shop Man.
- HOW OLD ARE YOUR FAVOURITE GAME CHARACTERS? Microsoft reveals all.
- 10 BIZARRE NES GAMES THAT WE SWEAR WE DIDN'T MAKE UP Includes "Bird Week".
- 10 MEDICAL TRAINING DUMMIES MORE HORRIFIC THAN ANYTHING IN SILENT HILL The horror...
- 10 MAIL-ORDER ADS FROM THE DAYS BEFORE GAMING Includes "Munkee".
- 6 RIDICULOUS KNOCK-OFF VIDEO GAMES Featuring "Titenic".
- PATIENT ZERO: HOW THINGS GO VIRAL by Mr Biffo Meme-a-meme-meme.
- MOTIVATIONAL VIDEO GAME QUOTES Because we all need inspiring.
Digitiser2000 is a small, family-owned business - think of it like a hardware store, run by a kindly old man and his soft-faced, loveably vulnerable wife. Now imagine going into that store and stealing a load of hammers. Now imagine him going hungry, unable to pay his bills, or clothe his children. Imagine him overwhelmed with the stress of it all, putting a gun to his head, and pulling the trigger. We're sure you wouldn't want that to happen.
If you like Digitiser2000, and wish to avoid the emotional burden of knowing you've contributed to a scenario like the one described above, you can help support the site by becoming a Patreon donor, or hitting up the PayPal button. Our legion of generous and lovely sponsors get special rewards, some of which you can find out about here (they include videos, The Man's Daddy's Joke Book, and wet kisses).
In all seriousness, Digi obviously takes time and money to run, and we have to fit it around our day jobs. Every little helps justify the effort it takes to write and run the site, and aids us in the future development (we're working on expanding in some exciting new ways - including original video content). We know life is expensive, so if you can't afford to support us with money, we'll take your continued goodwill and word-spreading as a weird and unsatisfying form of gratitude.
We genuinely appreciate, and are properly touched, by everyone who has helped us out to date.