But... we're learning much, and enjoying it along the way, and - frankly - it's easier to do with a broken arm than writing. And we're actually pretty pleased with how our Virtual Reality mini-doc/rant thing turned out. So, thanks for bearing with us.
Rest assured, our written content isn't going anywhere ever, but we'd love to hear your opinions on Digi2000, and the sort of stuff you might want to see if we carry on doing videos. Or maybe you don't want us to do videos at all. Or maybe you do. Or maybe you have something else you want to say. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form - all feedback is appreciated, especially now as we stand, legs akimbo, poised to enter this site's second year.
As we say below, we need your help in getting the word out about Digitser2000. To mark our first anniversary, Mr Biffo is appearing at the Play Expo in Manchester on Saturday, October 10th. Let us know if you're thinking of coming along, and we'll look into arranging a mini meet-up/drink somewhere.
In the meantime, click through for all the goodness you might've missed over the past couple of weeks. It's not a bad haul of stuff.
- 17 GAMES CHARACTERS IN REAL LIFE What would they look like?
- 13 ANIMALS THAT SORT OF LOOK LIKE SUPER MARIO A BIT What would they look like?
- REVIEW: EVERYBODY'S GONE TO THE RAPTURE (PS4) Where did they go?
- RING-SIR! Online Support Pranks with PHONING HONEY Oh, so whimsical!
- PROUD PARENTS: IF GAMES CHARACTERS HAD BABIES What would they look like?
- COMMON GAMER DREAMS ANALYSED - with Belvedere Pollon What do your dreams mean?
- 10 VIDEO GAME QUOTES WRONGLY ATTRIBUTED TO INSPIRATIONAL PEOPLE Yes!
- THE APP TREE: BACK 2 SCHOOL GAMES with Mr Nude Fun new games for your child's phone.
- LET'S ALL GO TO DISMALAND! With Banksy
- VIDEO: VIRTUAL REALITY GAMING: DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE? A proper video feature!
- VIDEO: MAD MAX - PREVIEW Not a real preview.
- VIDEO: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN - PREVIEW Not a real preview.
- VIDEO: 15 STUPIDEST STAR WARS EXPANDED UNIVERSE CHARACTERS A feature! Ish.
- VIDEO: DENTAL TRAINEE RELAXATION TAPE Brace yourselves...
- VIDEO: SUPER BERLUSCONI WORLD It's a-me - Silvio!
- READER FEATURE: THE BEAUTIFUL GAME by reader Robert Wheeler.
- READER FEATURE: GAMES WORKSHOP - THE 8-BIT YEARS by reader David Walford.
If you like Digitiser2000, and enjoy reading it, and wish to avoid the emotional burden of knowing you've contributed to Mr Biffo and his charming family having to live in a skip, you can help support the site by becoming a Patreon donor, or hitting up the PayPal button. Our legion of generous and lovely sponsors get special rewards, some of which you can find out about here (they include videos, The Man's Daddy's Joke Book, and wet kisses - and we're looking into offering something extra special for those who've been with us long term).
In all seriousness, Digi obviously takes time and money to run - all our review copies come out of our sponsor fund, as does the web hosting, and other bits and bobs (such as, this week, a nice microphone, so our videos don't sound like they're being recorded in a lavatory). Plus we have to fit it around our day jobs. Which, when you're freelance, is an even more difficult justification.
Every little helps support the effort it takes to write and run the site. We know life is expensive, so if you can't - or won't - help support us with money, we'd really appreciate you sharing our features and spreading the word.
Digitiser2000 doesn't have the marketing budget of the big sites (or any marketing budget) - and we're reluctant to go online and plug ourselves (matron) - so we rely on the word of mouth of our readers. If the site is to develop in ever more sexy ways, it ideally needs to grow. We need you for that.
We genuinely appreciate, and are properly touched, by everyone who has helped us out to date.
The most sincere thanks!